Chef Robert has worked at The Savoy, Wentworth Golf Club, The Dorchester, The Ritz, and The Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, before bringing his culinary skills to Hertfordshire.
With the King's Coronation coming up, Chef has kindly shared his tried and tested quiche recipe with us. We couldn't convince him to divulge his pastry recipe but we'll keep trying...!
Quiche liason mix:
- 550ml cream (double cream gives a richer flavour but you can use single cream)
- 550ml milk (Chef opts for semi-skimmed is but also fine to use soya milk or an alternative)
- 5 egg yolks
- 8 eggs
- Salt and pepper
To add flavour and texture, add any ingredients you like. Some of Chef’s top choices are:
- Crumbled goats cheese
- Broccoli and stilton (scatter chopped broccoli and stilton across the base of your flan case)
- Cheese and tomato (bacon lardons and sundried tomatoes add a rich flavour)
- Blind bake your case, ideally a 1 inch flan case
- Crack the eggs into your mixing bowl
- Whisk together whilst adding the milk and cream, until smooth
- Season with salt and pepper and pass through a fine sieve (chiniose)
- Lay your textured ingredients neatly and then pour the quiche mix on top of your laid out flan
- Pour the quiche mix until it reaches 0.5cm from the top of the case
- Bake in the centre of an oven for 40-45mins at 100 centigrade, until it is firmly set (it shouldn’t wobble)
- Remove from oven and allow to cool naturally and serve with chips/salad of your choice
"Be patient with your quiche. If you cook it too hot, it will scramble.”
Wishing you all a wonderful long weekend, however you celebrate in the kitchen.