Mulled wine recipe
Create a festive fruity favourite at home with this simple mulled wine recipe, created by Teresa Cannon, Club Services Supervisor at our sister village Audley St Elphin’s Park.
Ingredients (makes one glass)
- 15ml brandy/cognac
- 125ml Tempranillo red wine
- 15ml sugar syrup
- 25ml orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 5 cloves
- 2 star anise
- Pinch nutmeg
- 3 slices orange (1 to garnish)
- Put brandy, red wine, sugar syrup, orange juice, cinnamon stick, cloves, star anise, nutmeg and 2 slices of orange into a pan and heat until simmering lightly.
- Once at a light simmer, stir thoroughly and remove from the heat.
- Serve into a warm glass, including all the spices. Add a fresh or dehydrated orange slice to garnish.
For best results leave to simmer for 30 minutes, to add that extra spice to your mulled wine.