Mayfield Villages’ first retirement village, due to open in 2021, will be in Watford in Hertfordshire. Forming part of the 70-acre Watford Riverwell development, the new retirement village is located close to Watford town centre. When completed, the village will have 255 retirement apartments as well as a swimming pool, gym, spa, café-bistro and village hall.
About Watford Riverwell
Watford Riverwell is a partnership between Watford Borough Council and Kier Property. The long-term regeneration project will be completed over a 15-20 year period and is the largest mixed-use regeneration development in Watford. The area will provide much needed new homes, improve access to Watford General Hospital, create hundreds of new jobs and regenerate derelict and contaminated former industrial land into a thriving community.
Outline planning permission for the Watford Riverwell project was approved by Watford Borough Council in 2014.
The development will deliver:
- Much needed new homes, including retirement properties at the Mayfield Watford village
- New business and work opportunities in and around Watford, with premises and facilities to attract new occupiers, creating new jobs
- The opportunity for West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust to develop facilities at Watford Hospital, which serves up to 500,000 people and to consolidate the hospital parking into a centrally located multi-storey car park
- Better access and modern infrastructure, including a new road to the hospital site (opened November 2016)
- The clean-up of the River Colne and 4.5 acres of green, open spaces for the whole community to enjoy and new links to already established parkland. This has already been completed
- Community facilities including a new 2 form entry primary school forming the heart of Watford Riverwell
- Regenerating derelict and contaminated former industrial land
The Watford Riverwell project will transform a large area of land to the south of Watford Hospital and Watford Football Club. Through effective partnership, Watford Borough Council and Kier are delivering an exciting new destination and working closely with West Hertfordshire Hospitals NHS Trust to ensure the masterplan allows for the Hospital to bring forward its plans to improve health facilities in Watford.
Properties for sale:
Mayfield Watford retirement properties at the Watford Riverwell site are for sale now, with 255 contemporary one and two bedroom apartments. Available to reserve now from £283,950 for a 1 bedroom property with south-facing terrace, and from £399,950 for a 2 bedroom property overlooking the River Colne.
Contact us or call 01923 882631 for more information.