1. Originally a collection of stories, who originally wrote The Jungle Book in 1894?
a. Thomas Hardy
b. Wilkie Collins
c. Rudyard Kipling
2. In what year was the film ‘Chitty Chitty Bang Bang’ released onto the big screen?
3. What is the capital of Australia?
4. Which dock did Titanic leave on its Maiden Voyage in 1912?
5. In the films “Rocky” who plays Rocky Balboa?
a. Arnold Schwarzenegger
b. Sylvester Stallone
c. Roger Moore
6. Which song provided Elvis Presley with his first UK number 1 single?
a. All Shook Up
b. Blue Moon
c. Hound Dog
7. What is Watford Football Club’s nickname?
a. The Wasps
b. The Hornets
c. The Bees
8. Known as one of the “seven wonders of the world” where is Machu Picchu located?
9. In the sitcom 'Dad’s Army’ who played the character Capt. George Mainwaring?
a. Clive Dunn
b. Arnold Ridley
c. Arthur Lowe
10. In which year was The Queen’s coronation?
11. What is the highest known mountain in the UK standing at 1,345m tall?
a. Ben Nevis
c. Scafell Pike
12. Having been the leading lady in many films, including The Sound of Music and Mary Poppins how old is Julie Andrews?
13. Who had a hit song called ‘I Say A Little Prayer’?
a. Brenda Lee
b. Aretha Franklin
c. Diana Ross
14. Which sport is "Henman Hill" associated with?
15. In what year did England win the Football World Cup?
How do you think you did? Reveal answers here.
Check out more activities and articles on the Mayfield Blog.