The Mayfield quiz
Pens at the ready - it's quiz time! If you would like to print out the quiz for another time, please download a print-friendly version here.
1. What is the largest bird of prey in Britain?
a. White-tailed eagle
b. Red kite
c. Common buzzard
2. Who played the shop owner, Albert Arkwright, in the popular 1970s TV programme 'Open All Hours'?
a. David Jason
b. Ronnie Barker
c. Arthur Lowe
3. What is the capital of Hawaii?
4. Who was King Henry VIII’s last wife?
a. Anne Boleyn
b. Catherine Parr
c. Catherine of Aragon
5. Which country does the tortilla dish 'enchiladas' originate from?
6. Which author wrote the 1897 gothic horror novel, Dracula?
a. Bram Stoker
b. Oscar Wilde
c. Mark Twain
7. How many people have walked on the moon?
8. Who won the FIFA Women’s World Cup in 2019?
b. New Zealand
9. What is the longest running soap opera in the UK?
a. Coronation Street
10. How many Olympic gold medals has tennis player Andy Murray won?
11. What is the national emblem of Wales?
a. A courgette
b. A spring onion
c. A leek
12. How many lines are there in a sonnet?
13. What is the name of Queen Elizabeth II’s youngest child?
14. Who sang the 1957 rock and roll classic “Peggy Sue”?
a. Ray Charles
b. Buddy Holly
c. Chuck Berry
15. What is a collective group of crows called?
a. A conspiracy
b. A murder
c. A lie
How did you do?
Download the answers here.
Find more quizzes and activities on the Mayfield blog.