Duck breast with balsamic and ginger reduction
Best teamed with potato dauphinoise (don’t worry, you can buy it ready-made!) and green vegetables of your choice, this is an easy recipe which will fool your guests into believing you spent hours slaving away in the kitchen, when really, it only takes a few minutes to whip up.
The below recipe serves 2 people (adjust ingredients according to your numbers if you are cooking for more people).
- 2 x duck breasts
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 100ml chicken stock
- 1 tsp lime juice
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees (fan) and put a small baking tray in to warm up
- Place the duck breasts skin side down into a cold pan on a medium heat
- Cook for 7-8 minutes or until the skin is golden and crispy
- Flip the breasts over and seal the other side by cooking for 30 seconds
- Transfer onto the baking tray and cook for 20 minutes
- Meanwhile, whisk together all the ingredients for the sauce and bring to the boil, then reduce until you have a thick, almost sticky consistency
- If you have time, rest the duck for a couple of minutes when it comes out of the oven to avoid the juices running onto the plate
Serve with your chosen accompaniments and enjoy!